Tuesday, 06 March 2012 16:27
So I've been having this idea in my head for a while now. I just finished a big assignment, so I finally had the time to work it out. It took a little longer to finish this than I thought, because I ran into some problems. I already scanned this in last week, but when I saw the final scan on my computer screen it didn't feel right.
Sometimes I have this; the thing looks ok on paper and then something's missing after scanning it in. Normally I just try to let it go, but this time I decided to try out some new things to fix this. So I ended up trying out some new things in Photoshop, which took some time.
I also tried out the powdered graphite on this illustration. I really like the stuff, makes the drawing look a little bit more rough and it's a lot easier and faster to darken certain areas. Hope you guys like the result.
By the way, I documented the process of this drawing really well, so I'm also hoping to make another tutorial soon. This time I want to focus on the actual drawing process and try to show in more detail how I work. But I have to work on some other things first, so more on that later.